Notices—Please Read Completely
1. Events are sanctioned by Scottish Heavy Athletics and the Games host.
2. Competitors must wear the Kilt and Highland Hose at all times on the athletic field.
3. Pre-registered entry fee will provide admission to the athletic competition. Where available, the pre-registered athlete will receive a complimentary t-shirt which must be worn while competing.
4. Athletes who have never thrown in the games need to register for the C class.
5. All events will be governed by the rules posted on the Scottish Heavy Athletics website.
6. All competitions begin promptly at 9am.
7. One day games shall have all classes competing on that day and may be combined with other groups, or split into two flights as determined by the Athletic Director.
8. Two day games, Saturday: Professional, A class, B class, Light weight, Womens and Master womens classes will be competing. Sunday: Master mens 40s, 50s, 60s+ and C class will be competing. Changes to this schedule are determined by the Athletic Director and all paricipants will be notified accordingly.
9. The Sacramento Valley games. The class schedule will be as follows for 2017.
Saturday: Pro, A, Men's Masters (40s, 50s, 60s) and Women's Masters
Sunday: B, C, Lightweight and Women A and B.
10. The Modesto highland games is invitational only. Athletes intereseted in competing in these games may submit a registration form so that they will be considered during the selection process. Once the athlete selection is made—athletes will be notified of acceptance and required to pay the registration fee at that time.
11. The Pleasanton highlands games are invitational only. Email the Pleasanton Athletic Director directly for registration information.
12. SHA and Games host reserves the right to test any competitor for the use of steroids and other performance enhancing substances.
13. Where applicable, pre-registered athletes will be allowed free access to the fairgrounds or park. All others must pay entrance fees.
14. Late and on-field entries may not be accepted. Please contact the SHA prior to Game day for permission to compete. Do NOT assume space will be available. If accepted, late entries will pay a late fee.
15. The competition will consist of the traditional Heavy Events of Scottish Highland athletics; however, the actual events scheduled for the competition may be dictated by number of athletes, time constraints and field size. Changes may be made at the discretion of the Athletic Director and/or Head Judge
16. Decisions of the Judges and Athletic Director are final.
17. Absolutely no one will be allowed on the athletic field without express permission from the Head Judge or Athletic Director. The field is inherently a dangerous place. All possible safety precautions will be applied but all who are on the field do so at their own risk.